- TetraVisc brand name
- TetraVisc dosage
- TetraVisc dosage forms
- TetraVisc works by
- TetraVisc drug
- TetraVisc drugs like
- TetraVisc injection
Commonly used brand name(s)
In the U.S.
- TetraVisc Forte
Available Dosage Forms:
Therapeutic Class: Anesthetic, Local
Chemical Class: Amino Ester
Uses For TetraVisc
Tetracaine eye drops are used to numb the eye before surgery, certain tests, or procedures. The eye drops are used to prevent pain during the procedure.
Tetracaine belongs to the group of medicines called local anesthetics. It works by blocking the pain signals at the nerve endings in the eye.
This medicine is to be administered only by or under the direct supervision of an eye doctor.
Uses of TetraVisc
- It is used to numb the eye.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take TetraVisc?
- If you have an allergy to tetracaine or any other part of TetraVisc (tetracaine (ophthalmic)).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take TetraVisc?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take TetraVisc. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not touch or rub your eye while it is numb.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (TetraVisc) best taken?
Use TetraVisc as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Your doctor will give this medicine.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Many times TetraVisc is given on an as needed basis.
Indications and usage
For procedures in which a rapid and short acting topical ophthalmic anesthetic is indicated such as in tonometry, gonioscopy,
removal of corneal foreign bodies, conjunctival scraping for diagnostic purposes, suture removal from the cornea or conjunctiva,
other short corneal and conjunctival procedures.
Should not be used by the patient without physician supervision, or in those persons showing hypersensitivity to any component
of this preparation.
For topical ophthalmic use only. Not for parenteral use. Not for injection. Do not use solution if it contains crystals or if it is cloudy
or discolored. Prolonged use results in diminished duration of anesthesia and retarded healing. This may cause the drug to be
used more frequently, creating a "vicious circle". Subsequent corneal infection and/or corneal opacification with accompanying
permanent visual loss or corneal perforation may occur. Prolonged use may also produce severe keratitis.
Pregnancy Category C
Animal reproduction studies have not been performed with Tetracaine Hydrochloride. It is also not known whether Tetracaine
Hydrochloride can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction. Tetracaine
Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution, USP 0.5% should be given to pregnant women only if clearly needed.
It is not known whether this drug is excreted in human milk. Because many drugs are excreted in human milk, caution should
be excercised when Tetracaine Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution, USP 0.5% is administered to a nursing woman.
Store at a room temperature, 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).
Keep container tightly closed.
tetracaine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - OCuSOFT, Inc. (174939207)|
|Registrant - OCuSOFT, Inc. (174939207)|
|Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||786790378||manufacture|