Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution
Name: Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution used to treat
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution is used to treat
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution drug
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution drugs like
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution side effects
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution effects of chlorhexidine gluconate oral solution
Uses of Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution
- It is used to treat or prevent mouth infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution?
- If you have an allergy to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other part of chlorhexidine gluconate oral solution.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad gum pain or swelling.
- Numbness or tingling in the mouth.
What are some other side effects of Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Solution?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Mouth irritation.
- Bad taste in your mouth.
- Staining of the mouth, teeth, or fillings.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.