Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo
Name: Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo drug
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo missed dose
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo side effects
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo effects of sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo uses
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo adverse effects
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use this medicine as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. Talk with the doctor.
- Use of other skin products while using sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo may cause more irritation.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not use this medicine on birthmarks, moles, or warts with hair growth; or cervical, genital, or oral warts.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Do not give to children and teenagers who have or are getting better from flu signs, chickenpox, or other viral infections due to the chance of Reye's syndrome. Reye's syndrome causes very bad problems to the brain and liver.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo) best taken?
Use sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you get sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Avoid putting on healthy skin.
- Shake well before use.
- Wet hair and scalp.
- Lather well and leave on as you have been told.
- Rinse and put on again.
- Rinse fully.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some other side effects of Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Dry skin.
- Skin irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Side Effects (complete list)
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to sulfur and salicylic acid shampoo. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017