Lamivudine And Tenofovir (Oral Route)
Name: Lamivudine And Tenofovir (Oral Route)
- Lamivudine And Tenofovir Oral Route brand name
- Lamivudine And Tenofovir Oral Route dosage
- Lamivudine And Tenofovir Oral Route dosage forms
US Brand Name
Lamivudine and tenofovir combination is used together with other antiviral medicines to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. HIV is the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
This medicine does not cure or prevent HIV or AIDS. It helps keep HIV from reproducing and appears to slow down the destruction of the immune system. This may help delay the development of problems that usually result from AIDS or HIV disease. It will not keep you from spreading HIV to other people. People who receive this medicine may continue to have some of the problems usually related to AIDS or HIV disease.
This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription.
This product is available in the following dosage forms:
Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.
Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated pediatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of lamivudine and tenofovir combination in children weighing 35 kilograms (kg) or more. Safety and efficacy have been established.
Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. Discuss with your healthcare professional the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Bone problems (eg, fractures, osteoporosis), history of or
- Fanconi syndrome (kidney disease), history of or
- Hepatitis B infection, history of or
- Kidney failure, acute or
- Liver disease or
- Pancreatitis (swelling of the pancreas), history of—Use with caution. May make these conditions worse.
- End-stage kidney disease or
- Kidney disease, severe—Use is not recommended in patients with these conditions.