Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution
Name: Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution
- Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution missed dose
- Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution side effects
- Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution drug
How is this medicine (Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the ear only.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep using acetic acid and aluminum acetate otic solution as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Lie on your side with problem ear up.
- For children 3 years of age and older and adults, pull the outer ear outward and upward.
- For children younger than 3 years of age, pull the outer ear outward and downward.
- Put drops in ear without touching dropper to ear. Stay on side for 5 minutes or put cotton plug in ear.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad ear irritation.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Acetic Acid and Aluminum Acetate Otic Solution?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.