Vancomycin Oral Solution
Name: Vancomycin Oral Solution
- Vancomycin Oral Solution used to treat
- Vancomycin Oral Solution is used to treat
- Vancomycin Oral Solution side effects
- Vancomycin Oral Solution missed dose
- Vancomycin Oral Solution drug
- Vancomycin Oral Solution injection
Uses of Vancomycin Oral Solution
- It is used to treat bacterial infections.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Vancomycin Oral Solution?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take vancomycin oral solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- You may need to have hearing tests while you use this medicine. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- If you are 65 or older, use vancomycin oral solution with care. You could have more side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
How is this medicine (Vancomycin Oral Solution) best taken?
Use vancomycin oral solution as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep taking this medicine as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Your pharmacist will need to mix vancomycin oral solution before you get it.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure vancomycin oral solution.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Vancomycin Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing difficulty
- change in amount, color of urine
- change in hearing
- fever, infection
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusually weak or tired
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- nausea, vomiting
- stomach cramps
Vancomycin May Interact with Other Medications
- birth control pills
- vancomycin injection