- Supartz uses
- Supartz used to treat
- Supartz supartz injection
- Supartz injection
- Supartz side effects
- Supartz effects of supartz
- Supartz drug
Uses of Supartz
Supartz is a prescription medication used to treat osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have not found adequate response from physical therapy and pain relievers.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
You should not receive Supartz injection if you:
- are allergic to Supartz or to any of its ingredients
- are allergic to products from birds, such as feathers, eggs, and poultry
- have an infection or skin disease in the area in which the injection will be given
Supartz Food Interactions
Medications can interact with certain foods. In some cases, this may be harmful and your doctor may advise you to avoid certain foods. In the case of Supartz, there are no specific foods that you must exclude from your diet when receiving this medication.
Uses For Supartz
Hyaluronate is similar to a substance that occurs naturally in joints and that helps joints work properly by acting like a lubricant and shock absorber. This medicine is injected directly into the knee to relieve pain caused by osteoarthritis.
This medicine is to be administered only by or under the immediate supervision of your doctor.
How is this medicine (Supartz) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as a shot into the knee.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some other side effects of Supartz?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation or swelling where the shot was given.
- Mild pain, stiffness, or warmth in or by the knee.
- Back pain.
- Muscle pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
How do I store and/or throw out Supartz?
- If you need to store Supartz at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.