Hydrochlorothiazide and captopril
Name: Hydrochlorothiazide and captopril
- Hypertension Can Hurt Your Eyes
- Your Medications and Hearing Loss
- Caring for Your New Kidney
- 13 Best Quit-Smoking Tips Ever
- What Stress Does to Your Mouth
- Healthy Home: To Buy or Not to Buy Organic?
- Frequent Constipation?
- Greater Food Accessibility
What is hydrochlorothiazide and captopril?
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Captopril is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. Captopril lowers blood pressure and also relieves symptoms of fluid retention.
Hydrochlorothiazide and captopril is a combination medicine used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Hydrochlorothiazide and captopril may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.