Name: Absorbine Jr
- Absorbine Jr used to treat
- Absorbine Jr is used to treat
- Absorbine Jr drug
- Absorbine Jr drugs like
- Absorbine Jr missed dose
- Absorbine Jr side effects
- Absorbine Jr effects of absorbine jr
- Absorbine Jr uses
- Absorbine Jr adverse effects
Uses of Absorbine Jr
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Absorbine Jr?
- If you have an allergy to tolnaftate or any other part of Absorbine Jr (tolnaftate cream and solution).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have nail or scalp infections.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Absorbine Jr with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Absorbine Jr) best taken?
Use Absorbine Jr as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some other side effects of Absorbine Jr?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Absorbine Jr, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Absorbine Jr. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Absorbine Jr.
Review Date: October 4, 2017
What is the most important information I should know about Absorbine Jr. (methyl salicylate topical)?
Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Since methyl salicylate topical is used as needed, it does not have a daily dosing schedule. Call your doctor promptly if your symptoms do not improve after using methyl salicylate topical.
For the Consumer
Applies to tolnaftate topical: topical cream, topical gel/jelly, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical powder, topical solution, topical spray
Along with its needed effects, tolnaftate topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking tolnaftate topical:
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
When you apply the aerosol solution form of this medicine, a mild temporary stinging may be expected.
(tole NAF tate)
- Antifungal Agent, Topical