Acetaminophen and Dextromethorphan Syrup
Name: Acetaminophen and Dextromethorphan Syrup
Uses of Acetaminophen and Dextromethorphan Syrup
- It is used to relieve coughing.
- It is used to ease pain and fever.
How is this medicine (Acetaminophen and Dextromethorphan Syrup) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with acetaminophen and dextromethorphan syrup. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure this medicine.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take acetaminophen and dextromethorphan syrup on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Acetaminophen and Dextromethorphan Syrup?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.